Chinese made drywall contains large amounts of sulphur which as it ages creates a rotten egg smell and corrodes copper wiring in things like refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and other electronic items.
Most of the drywall was imported during the bubble and so was likely used in the construction of literally thousands of homes. The cost to fix it is usually 1/3 the cost of the home as the entire place has to be gutted and have all the wiring inspected and the drywall redone, repainted, and the trim & cabinets etc put back in. Just a nightmare situation all around.
At least our toys are safe right? Oh crap!
|[ View Last Comment ]